Bluehost and Magento 2 = NO

So anyone tried getting Magento 2 running on Bluehost? It has been a very painful experience. Magento 2 itself is painful so it is no surprise really, but having such a big webhost with an auto installer that installs version 1.9.1 released over a year ago really?

I have spent hours with their tech support and trying to get it running faster than a snail, and just had constant issues. They don't even bother to have a page on their site how to install magento 2 with their servers, I guess they are ignoring the magento market? Here was a real chat with their tech support:

K
Tech Support: Website Issues

what is the path to php for: http://(edited).com/_info.php I need to use in command line with composer

T
Thirumalesha joined

T
Hello Kevin,

My name is Thirumalesha and I am happy to help you. How are you today?

K
good thx

T
I will help you
Could I get the last 4 characters of the Main account password to verify ownership of the account?

K
(edited)

T
Thank you for validating.

Please give me 2 to 4 minutes to review your account

K
ok

T
Thank you for holding. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Do you want to know the path of the file in filemanager ?

K
no I want the path of php 7.0.25 bin

for cli

T
Thank you for holding. Your patience is highly appreciated.

I could see that you have a shared plan so there so is no servers path
You need to have a servers access to get a servers path

K
I need it to run some commands as php7 in ssh

how can I do this then?

magento 2 requires it

T
One moment let me confirms with our expert

K
thx, also please let me know how to find this error: http://  (edited)

I checked cpanel error log and public_html error log, does not show it

or if you have a guide for installing magento 2 at bluehost please show me

T
According to site error it seems like a issue with your website scripts
Please let me now the commands you trying to run in your account ?

K
I've installed many places but have had issues with the 2 clients using your hosting

T
I'm not seeing any issues in your account , please try to re-install

K
I can't

without the info I requested

I need php 7 cli

and I need to know what the actual error is

right now

I have tried 2 methods for magento 2 installation, command line with composer

and downloading the zip and then running the web wizard, neither will work

T
Did you try to install by mojo or manually ?

K
your web installer is stuck at 1.9.1 - that is over 2 years old

(mojo you call it)

T
Php version is already set to PHP 7.0

K
we need 2.2.2, is that available somehow?

it is, but it does not work for command line, see here:

https://www.screencast.com/  (edited)

T
I look the issue with our expert and they said website script causing the issue so you getting the above error
I request you to contact the magento, they will provide the correct installation procedure and also commands

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to start for working online as a web developer or designer

Review of Paymerica / Paysafe Merchant Account Services CAREFUL